How bad is my periodontitis? (X-ray)

I’ve been to 2 dentist and the first one who had cleaned out my clean said I have periodontitis and require surgery and the surgery still wouldn’t be able to remove it 100%.

The second dentist who did the x-ray on my jaw said I don’t require surgery and said “how would the first dentist know without an x-Ray” and gave me antibiotics and to come back in a week.

I can still see tartar under my gum line when I try to pull it down and there’s still a little pus coming out when I press hard against my gum here and there.

Who should I believe ?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
To diagnose periodontitis, you do need x-rays to see the bone levels and you need gum probings to check for attachment loss. I don't believe in surgery so early especially without x-rays. It may be indicated when the gums haven't responded to deep cleanings and medications. There are many dentists that are production hungry and will over-diagnose & treat you.

Vote:

Ask a Question