Hole in gums?

Had my wisdom teeth removed back in June, I had 2 upper and 1 lower one. The upper 2 healed just fine but I had a lot of issues with the lower one. It didn’t heal properly and a pocket formed in my gums along my back lower molar (measured 7mm deep). I ultimately went back to my doctor and got a debridement last week. Surgeon reassured me before the procedure they wouldn’t find anything but post op told me that some of my bone had died which they removed then during the procedure. I am now 8 days post op and not too confident that everything is healing properly again.
All but one of my sutures came out within the last few days and I am now noticing a significant hole in the back socket there. There’s an odd yellow discharge that comes from the wound and last night after brushing my teeth normally, the hole began bleeding profusely. I called the doc and he told me all was fine and refused to see me for a check up. Along with that, there is also a bad odor stemming from the site still.
I am not entirely comfortable with this but also not sure if I am over reacting or not. If possible I’ll try to attach a picture. Any advise on how to move forward would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• E4AF6907-59A1-414B-B9DB-C6D82DE2D1BB.jpeg
    E4AF6907-59A1-414B-B9DB-C6D82DE2D1BB.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 367

Ask a Question