Hole at back of inner cheek!

First thought I bit my cheek, then thought I had a canker sore but I am not sure.. I have a lot of pain at the back of my mouth near my jaw and a small hole has appeared. It’s hard to chew and has been painful for a week now. Is this a canker sore or something to do with my wisdom teeth/molars? Help!

Attachments

• A7FAFEFF-F2B8-4795-93BB-611C4C54DBCB.jpeg
    A7FAFEFF-F2B8-4795-93BB-611C4C54DBCB.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 17,430
Hi Julia,

Don't believe that it has anything to do with your teeth. Appears to be a canker sore but you can never be too sure though so best thing to do is check with your dentist.

Vote:
I went to see a dentist and he told me it's just a big ulcer and that it will go away in 2 to 3 weeks. Mine would hurt a lot when I was eating so he gave me a syrup that basically numbs ur whole mouth so that u wouldn't feel discomfort or pain while eating. you should go get it if u have the same problem. He also said the cause of ulcers is lack of sleep, stress, lack of vitamin so go get some multivitamins gummies in ur grocery store

Vote:
Help the doctors don’t know what it is my cheek is swelling amd I have a huge gash in the back of my inner cheek that looks like x their is no white it’s just a huge gash and is sore it seems to be getting bigger.

Vote:
First thought I bit my cheek, then thought I had a canker sore but I am not sure.. I have a lot of pain at the back of my mouth near my jaw and a small hole has appeared. It’s hard to chew and has been painful for a week now. Is this a canker sore or something to do with my wisdom teeth/molars? Help!

Vote:
Hey! I have the exact same hole as yours on my right inner cheek! I was searching on Google what it is called but nothing comes up, do you have any idea what it might be exactly? My jaw also hurts whenever I eat and I can't open my mouth properly

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
OP was in 2018. If other people have similar issues, please provide photos, and what steps you have taken to have it investigated.

Vote:
I also have something similar or the same, I first noticed it a couple of days ago, moving my jaw and eating is slightly painful and uncomfortable, mine is behind the last tooth, it's much smaller and doesn't have any colour. ( possibly it gets bigger over time )

( sorry for the photo quality )

EDIT :
Also, this might not be related at all. but the day before I started to notice it I burned my tongue with hot tea and also poked the inside of my cheek with a sharp crisp. but I do not believe it would manage to poke all the way in the corner so I don think the crisp caused the hole.

Last edited:

Vote:
i also have a similar hole at the exact same position. it hurts when i eat or try to chew hard food. no bleeding at all no blood. there is a very small whitish cover around it too.

Attachments

• IMG_3370.png
    IMG_3370.png
    580.4 KB · Views: 96

Vote:

Ask a Question