Hole at back inner cheek

Lay

Last december 2020, I had like canker sore on that spot, it was hurting for like a week, then the pain goes away, but the white thing is still there from December 2020 to i think first week of march 2021, there is no pain but the white thing is still there (its just white oblong shape, doesn't look like a normal canker sore).

Then I search some home remedies and tried it, then it healed. But, May 17, it came back, at the same spot, with pain, and with a hole. Then may 23 I went to the doctor, but he doesnt know whats this. He gave me a medicine for dental infection and told me that hes not sure if this is really just a canker sore because those kind of normal sore doesn't usually take place there. But yeah, he gave me antibiotics. And im still drinking it, its my 4th day. And the pain is slowly getting away also the hole is like getting smaller. But Im still nervous, because I dont know what exactly this is. And I read so many articles about mouth cancer, so Im getting paranoid. And also, what if it healed then come back again.

I hope theres someone here who can tell me what this is and this is not a serious thing. Thank youu.

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_101311.jpg
    IMG_20210527_101311.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Do perhaps have a history of trauma to the area like biting your cheeks or a sharp tooth or filling that keeps scratching the area?
Do determine if a lesion is cancerous or dysplastic, a biopsy needs to be taken. The dentist can refer you to an oral surgeon if the area doesn't heal, and he/she is not confident to do it themself.
The white lesions could be normal keratotic areas or " scar tissue ", but also might be leukoplakia which has the potential of being a pre-malignant indicator.
Best to have it checked out in my opinion.

Vote:

Lay

I dont have that kind of history. And I already went to a doctor but he doesn't know also and told me he have a dentist son so maybe I can check this out with a dentist after I finished the med that the doctor gave me. Im really getting paranoid but as I was checking the info about oral cancer or something and read the 'causes', I dont do that, i dont smoke and I only drink like 4 times so im getting really confused as to why will I have this. And I dont think we have oral surgeon here near my area. And its still pandemic, so yeah. Anyways thank you for replying. I really hope this is nothing serious

Another thing, the hole is getting smaller and pain is slowly going away. Im taking Amoxiclav, btw. And I dont smoke and Im not a heavy drinker, I only drink alcohol few times. Should I still think this is serious? Or just a big canker sore just like what I've read on the other post in this forum.?

Last edited:

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

I would still see a dentist then, since most dentist can at least do a biopsy of the area. I don't think it is only a canker sore and the pigment area is also somewhat worrying.
Rather have the lesion biopsied to be on the safe side.

Vote:

Lay

Yes. Thats what Im planning to do. Whether it healed or not after the medicine. I will still see a dentist, I wanna know what exactly is this. Thank you so much.

Vote:

Lay

Doc, I just want to know if my tonsils are normal. The other side of my tonsil is bigger than the other one. Though i have colds but i dont have runny nose. And its kinda hard to cure my colds because we really have bad changes of weathed here, like super hot on afternoon and super cold on night. Thats why.

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_201603.jpg
    IMG_20210624_201603.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 32

Vote:

Ask a Question