Hi, I'm new here. I have a question about my seven year old son.

Hi, first of I did a google search to find this forum and it looks like it's pretty helpful.
Glad to be here in that case.

So... My first born is now 7 years old, he lost his first tooth when he was around 3 3/4 years old. He tripped hit his mouth on the chair and his tooth (9) was out forward about 90 degrees. I took him to a dentist they took an X-Ray and yanked the tooth out. Back then we thought the XRay showed his second tooth ALREADY coming in...

Like I said... He's seven now and he lost his other front tooth (8), he's also lost teeth 23, 24, 25, 26. ALL of his teeth have grown in EXCEPT for #9.

Now we havent thought much of it until last week when my wife asked me what I thought about and it thought... "Hmm well that is weird...". So we are going to take him to the dentist in mid September but I wanted to know what you all thought about such a situation?

Besides "going to the dentist" has anyone had a similar situation? What was the result AFTER the visit? What was the outcome?

We are certainly afraid of his tooth never growing in, it's almost made me cry (in private for course) at times. Also I've wondered if something like this can contribute to any kind of pain a child may feel... he does complain about headaches once in a while but the doctor said he's fine.

Anyway, your help is appreciated. I know the ONLY thing we can do is wait for time and a bit more time to pass by to see if it ever grows in.

Thanks in advance!

if the tooth is lost early because of some type of traumatic event the bone will grow over the permanent tooth and slow the eruption process. It will usually correct itself over time. Go to your dentist and let him take and xray and make sure everything is ok.

Vote:

Ask a Question