Hi everyone, I'm new here and I would like to make a question..

Solutions
Hi, everyone!
First of all, I want to say that I'm not a natural English speaker, so I apologize for the mistakes I'm going to make in my posts, including this one.
Well, I started my career as a dental assistant just a few months ago and I would like to ask about the desinfection liquid that is used in the ultra-sound.
Some people don't change it daily! Isn't this a big mistake? How do you do it in your school or clinics?
I would like to have a light about this.

Thanks!
Salamuri

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Emptied at night and dried out; refill and fresh the next day. If particularly dirty instrument load then may also do it extra during the day. The liquid doesn't have to be a disinfectant; more usually a detergent or enzymatic solution. You also need to test it regularly, say every week - one of mine started failing and only the test showed it up; you can't tell just because it's making a sound. Nowadays I have a thermal disinfector - fantastic! Here's a useful link.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi !
Thank you so much for the reply, I think your advice is better than the procedure they have here at my work. I'm going to do as you say, because I think that´s the right attitude. We have a enzymatic solution in our ultra sound.

Best regard,
Salamuri

Vote:

Ask a Question