Hey, I'm worried about my teeth.

Hello!, Its my first post! I live in Japan and I'm 18 Male.

Recently I decided that I want better dental hygiene but I know absolutely nothing.

I never really focused on brushing my teeth or anything about hygiene for that matter, I've gone 1 or 2 days without brushing in the past....
Well I'm trying to improve my self recently so fixing bad habits,etc.
I now brush my teeth twice a day and floss and mouthwash at least once.
but my diet is pretty terrible almost no minerals/vitamins... I have an issue with veggies so I'm slowly trying to eat them...

however I did go to the dentist today and got a cleaning for my plaque, its been years.....
so I bled a lot etc, the dentist really didn't say anything except from I should brush my molars better.
I'll go get a proper checkup next time.

Beware its not the prettiest picture ! I have dinosaur teeth but braces are expensive I'll get them when I can afford it.
I came home and took a look and noticed that one of my tooth was seriously receded and a couple others also receded
and they were overall sensitive.
The green line was where I think my gum line used to be on that specific tooth.

I'm kinda terrified if my teeth and gum line are goners :(

Attachments

• Untitled - Copy.png
    Untitled - Copy.png
    434 KB · Views: 352
Solutions
Your teeth look healthy, but because they are so poorly aligned you're likely to have problems with some of them wearing. Your bite can't be comfortable because of the alignment and that can make teeth sensitive/gums recede. You should see an orthodontist. Maybe they can find a plan that works for you. Orthodontics has risks but you have a case where the alternative is just as risky to long term dental health.

Vote:
Your teeth look healthy, but because they are so poorly aligned you're likely to have problems with some of them wearing. Your bite can't be comfortable because of the alignment and that can make teeth sensitive/gums recede. You should see an orthodontist. Maybe they can find a plan that works for you. Orthodontics has risks but you have a case where the alternative is just as risky to long term dental health.

Hello! thanks for the reply, I'll go see an orthodontist and see if I can get braces, I doubt it because my family is living paycheck to paycheck and I'll be going to college soon, I do want them once I become an adult 4~5 years later, I hope my teeth and gum line will hold till then :(

I used to brush very hard and long so I fixed that but I didn't know that my bite could cause the receding, what made it lower so suddenly after 1 cleaning?
or did I just never notice it?

Vote:
Solutions
The gum looks sore and inflamed. Your diet and lifestyle affect your gums. So if you don't eat enough vitamin C they can get inflamed. Have a kiwi fruit once a day, don't eat fast food. Smoking is really bad for them. Getting enough exercise, having a balanced diet (with some vitamin C so either fruit or veg, vitamin D seafood, dairy products etc), good hygiene (don't attack the gums but don't avoid them, use a soft brush). Gums can heal but you may have a hereditary condition so check if your parents had receding gums. If so then you will need to see a periodontist every few months for a special clean.

Vote:
I'll be careful about treating my mouth better.
So my bad rabbits caused this recession and I didn't notice it or is it related to the plaque cleaning I got?
and if so is there nothing that can be done with the current recessed gums, all I can do is prevent it?

Vote:
Solutions
I doubt vert much your cleaning caused it. More likely the gum was inflamed before you went and the cleaning just took it down to where it already was. To prevent it gettting worse maintain good hygiene (but don't over brush or be too hard as that is no good either), have a healthy diet with no fast food and plenty of vit D, calcium and vit C foods (but not loaded with acidic fruits or sugar), check your parent's history with gums and if they have a problem see a periodontist. A decent sonic or braun electric toothbrush may help (it helped my gums). All hygiene is good as long as you follow instructions and don't overdo it.

Vote:
I doubt vert much your cleaning caused it. More likely the gum was inflamed before you went and the cleaning just took it down to where it already was. To prevent it gettting worse maintain good hygiene (but don't over brush or be too hard as that is no good either), have a healthy diet with no fast food and plenty of vit D, calcium and vit C foods (but not loaded with acidic fruits or sugar), check your parent's history with gums and if they have a problem see a periodontist. A decent sonic or braun electric toothbrush may help (it helped my gums). All hygiene is good as long as you follow instructions and don't overdo it.
I see, I'll to watch out for those things so it doesn't happen any more.

From my understanding my teeth decayed because of the calculus and the gum recessed because of the bacteria?

Vote:
Solutions
It would be because you neglected hygiene and had a poor diet. Or it could be hereditary. Some people are more susceptible to gum disease than others because of their heritage. If your parents have problems you may have inherited the same. If not then looking after your teeth and gums going forward should help you avoid any future problems.

Vote:
It would be because you neglected hygiene and had a poor diet. Or it could be hereditary. Some people are more susceptible to gum disease than others because of their heritage. If your parents have problems you may have inherited the same. If not then looking after your teeth and gums going forward should help you avoid any future problems.
I see!, Thank you so much for answering all my questions!
I will treat my teeth much better from now on!

Vote:

Ask a Question