Here as other site doesn’t respond really

Hello people new here! I am just here for some advice really .. I found an amazing dentist I trust around 2 weeks ago now and begun treatment straight away.. he filled a lower molar next to the wisdom tooth on the right side as the tooth had half of it broke off.. next to that tooth was confirmed to be pretty well decayed but hasn’t done anything as I weren’t having no pain but for the last 4 days I keep getting twinges there but my main concern is my right side as 3 weeks ago I was eating some chicken and all of a sudden I started getting what I thought was bad jaw pain or a bad toothache... was sick relentlessly that night as I suffer from anxiety pretty bad... fast forward 2 weeks later I have begun stage one of root canal on my first molar on the upper right side and a temporary filling bottom right side next to wisdom tooth, I only eat on my left side now as I don’t want to worsen the right side... but Saturday/Saturday night I started getting mild pulses/pain I would say on the bottom right side where the temporary fillings are but I’m thinking is it my wisdom tooth as that is the only one that hasn’t fully come through yet meaning there’s gum still over the tooth. My other 3 are fine to date (thank the lord) I’m not in unbearable pain but the sharp pulses I’m getting are getting me worried. I have an appointment with my dentist Wednesday to get fillings done on the temporary, polishing (whatever that is lol) and possibly a tooth out. I’m wondering if anyone knows what I’m going through as I’m clueless.. I may call my dentist tomorrow to see if he can fit me which he usually does to see if there’s any problems... I have just finished a 5 day antibiotics course he put me on to flush away any possible infection. I worry like crazy.. what would/do people recommend? Sorry for the long post

Solutions
I'm not surprised you are having twinges of pain when you are having so much work done on one area in your mouth. I don't understand why you had a temporary filling on the right side. Did the dentist suspect an infection in that tooth? You mention temporary "fillings" - how many temp fillings are there on your bottom right side? Because you must have a temp filling on the tooth you are having root treated on the upper right side. If you have temp fillings in several teeth then they won't be so strong. Even if you try to avoid the area you may end up accidentally grinding on it when you sleep. If you try to relax you may be less likely to grind But you seem to have a number of variables at play (including the wisdom tooth) Perhaps you have x rays you could post?

Vote:
Thank you for your reply busybee unfortunately I don’t have any x-rays I could post :( .... the bottom right side the dentist said I had a small cavity hence why he has put a temporary filling, which today he is going to do a proper one, on the same side on the upper side where he has has begun root canal there is a temp filling in there yes.... but the bottom left side where there is a filling on a broken tooth is giving me twinges also... even when i sleep on that side, I had the filling done over 2 weeks ago now I’m thinking I shouldn’t be having no issues with it now I’m thinking?... been using 2800pm fluoride toothpaste for the last 4 weeks that the dentist prescribed for me so I’m not sure why I’m having these issues still... I have just finished the course of antibiotics to flush away any possible infection as the dentist didn’t see any on my x-ray but he suspected a possible crack in my tooth. Will update more today after my appointment

Vote:
Solutions
If you're putting all pressure on the left side because you are having work on the right then a broken tooth on the left may find that too much. Hopefully once you have the permanent filling and root canal completed on the right the left will settle. Have you mentioned the left tooth to the dentist?

Vote:
yes I have mentioned it to him but he says that it’s normal to feel twinges after a filling as long as I’m not in “unbearable pain” but I will mention it once more to him today when I go... it’s annoying as one minute the left side is twinging and pulsing then it’s the right side... quite annoying actually haha. Yeah like you said hopefully after he does the correct filling and root canal or possible extraction then it should settle.

Vote:
so I went to my appointment had no work done whatsoever expect for a mouth guard mould fitted which will be ready on the 26th of this month and also my temporary filling done then aswell, I mentioned the twinges I was getting on the left side and he said the filling looked fine and hit it with that silver thing they do lol no pain occurred but still the twinges are there... he said he thinks it due to me grinding and clenching in my sleep despite me saying the twinges would happen whenever it wants.... he felt my jaw and surrounding areas and said all feels fine.... I’m already taking tegretol (carbamazepine) upping my dose from 1 to 2 tablets starting from today in case it is my jaw..... also already been referred to the hospital on the 14th August to have a scan. So fingers crossed whatever has/is occurring goes away because it’s doing my head in lol

Vote:
Solutions
Joeb I am curious - what country are you in and is this private dentistry? Is there a reason the scan will be at a hospital?

It's great that you are getting a mouth guard. If you grind your teeth at night you can get twinges during the day at random moments. As you cannot control your jaw when you sleep a night guard should protect your teeth. It's best not to worry about the twinges because the more you worry the more you are likely to unconsciously clench your jaw and add to the problems. So it's a vicious cycle.

I found your original post hard to follow. From what I understand you are having a root treatment on an upper right molar and you've also had a temp filling on a lower molar that was possibly cracked. I don't understand why the dentist has put in a temp filling in the tooth that is not having a root treatment. Has this been explained to you? Is it to check whether that might also need a root treatment or to be extracted if cracked too far?

You should be able to request X rays from your dentist to be emailed to you. They are usually quite happy to do this. Posting X rays here would help a lot.

Vote:
Hello there I am in England , I had a tooth out yesterday afternoon. So trying to allow that to heal today... been impossible to sleep to be honest . Going to try relax today. It’s a private and NHS dentistry, I am under the NHS, your right is it a viscous circle, the tooth that came out was bottom left where there was a broken tooth with a filling on it and that has stopped the twinges (for now and good) yes root canal treatment has begun on upper right molar. And bottom right molar has temporary filling in due to cavity was what I was told... hope this helps more. Thank you

Vote:
Also the scan at the hospital is to rule out any jaw problems, which I’m not sure I do, I think it’s dental to be honest , I’m getting sharp , electric type shock pains in the stage one root canal tooth so I’m not sure what to think.

Vote:

Ask a Question