Help

Hi there, ive had a hole in my tooth for like 4 months. I just kind of ignored it as I havent really got the funds to see a dentist however over the last 2 weeks its got vert painful and i feel shooting pains that go throughout my hole face/head/neck. I also have an ulcer thats been there for 6 weeks which im currently seeking doctors hp for. Im suffering from really bad brainfog. Could this be the cause? I put a pic of my tooth below. Btw i havent been to a dentist in about 7 years.
IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpg

A_s

Solutions
Hi,

You should go to see the dentist and have this hole checked and filled.

This hole can progress deeper if you leave it alone and it can reach the nerves inside your tooth and the tooth may eventually die - then you will need root canal or extraction - which will cost more than a filling. The rate of progression for this hole varies, depends on your diet, your oral hygiene habits etc.

Please go and see a dentist if you can, otherwise try to avoid any sweet food/drink/biting on that side, brush twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste, leave some toothpaste there overnight, drink water instead of beer/juice/fizzy drinks - but you will still need it to be filled at some stage.

There is also some erosion and perhaps attrition going on on your teeth, the erosion can be due to extrinsic e.g. food and drinks you have, or intrinsic e.g. stomach reflux. If the erosion progresses too fast and wears away a lot of your tooth structures, then you may feel pain too.

Vote:
Hi,

You should go to see the dentist and have this hole checked and filled.

This hole can progress deeper if you leave it alone and it can reach the nerves inside your tooth and the tooth may eventually die - then you will need root canal or extraction - which will cost more than a filling. The rate of progression for this hole varies, depends on your diet, your oral hygiene habits etc.

Please go and see a dentist if you can, otherwise try to avoid any sweet food/drink/biting on that side, brush twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste, leave some toothpaste there overnight, drink water instead of beer/juice/fizzy drinks - but you will still need it to be filled at some stage.

There is also some erosion and perhaps attrition going on on your teeth, the erosion can be due to extrinsic e.g. food and drinks you have, or intrinsic e.g. stomach reflux. If the erosion progresses too fast and wears away a lot of your tooth structures, then you may feel pain too.

Right thank you. The pain is extreme i feel it shooting through my neck ears and head. Ive been suffering from brainfog for the last 2 weeks as well so maybe the tooth could be the reason behind the brainfog which is my real concern. If I am being honest the dentists / doctors wont see me so I think I'm going to have to visit the hospital for futher help as its also recommended to gdt medical help if an ulcer hasnt gone within 3 weeks if I'm right? Maybe im not coping with it well because I haven't had previous pain problems with my teeth.

Vote:

A_s

Solutions
Right thank you. The pain is extreme i feel it shooting through my neck ears and head. Ive been suffering from brainfog for the last 2 weeks as well so maybe the tooth could be the reason behind the brainfog which is my real concern. If I am being honest the dentists / doctors wont see me so I think I'm going to have to visit the hospital for futher help as its also recommended to gdt medical help if an ulcer hasnt gone within 3 weeks if I'm right? Maybe im not coping with it well because I haven't had previous pain problems with my teeth.

Tooth pain from the back teeth can radiate to the side of your face, neck, ears, head and can cause headache etc. The hole - from what you have described, it has progress very deep, and close to the nerve or reaches the nerve inside your tooth already. If the dentists won't see you - then yes you can go to the hospital, but they might refer you to see a dentist. Also, if the ulcer hasn't gone in 3 weeks - need to mention it to the dentist, too.

Vote:

Ask a Question