Help!

Solutions
Hi! I had 3 teeth pulled on Monday I’m on antibiotics and it’s day 6 and I’m still in a lot of pain! And two hours before pain meds wear off I have pain bad pain! Anyone had teeth pulled and had this happen? Is this dry socket? Can I get sepsis?? The pain hasn’t subsided.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You have some choices. Being the weekend, you can wait until Monday morning to see your dentist for followup. If you have access to your dentist's emergency phone consult, you can give them a call. If you can't wait and must be seen, you can find an emergency dental clinic. In the US, it can be very costly and if they accept your dental insurance, it can help with the high fees. Last resort especially if you have swelling with difficulty breathing and or pressure in the eyes is to go to the Hospital Emergency.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi! I had 3 teeth pulled on Monday I’m on antibiotics and it’s day 6 and I’m still in a lot of pain! And two hours before pain meds wear off I have pain bad pain! Anyone had teeth pulled and had this happen? Is this dry socket? Can I get sepsis?? The pain hasn’t subsided.
Hope you are eating semi solid foods and avoiding a hard rinse in your mouth . Avoid smoking and alcohol
I had wisdom tooth removed on Monday but the pain eventually went away on Friday. My doctor fucked up by leaving a bur inside my jaw.
What I did was cold compress with ice packs and after eating meal gently rinse my mouth with Luke warm salt water

If the pain is very bad it could be dry socket so best get it checked ASAP on Monday

Vote:

Ask a Question