Help with my 9 year old's teeth

My son had 2 mesiodens that were extracted by an oral surgeon last year. We found the mesiodens when his front permanent teeth wouldn't come. The dentist extracted the 4 baby teeth and after a couple of months looked closely and found mesiodens. It's been a year since his mesiodens were removed. Out of the 4 teeth, the first on his left side has erupted although I feel it's not out all the way. I see 2 in the gum. I can even see the white color thru the gums but it's been like that since last 6 months. They won't erupt. The dentist cannot find the 4th tooth. The dentist also said that the root hasn't been formed for the 2 teeth that are visible in his gums. Any advice ?

Sorry to hear about your son's tooth. I suggest you consult an experienced pediatric dentist immediately. Pulling teeth isn’t going to help to prevent white spots at all! You need to get a second opinion ASAP. Look for an excellent cosmetic dentist to help you. As he is only 10 years old, he will have many developmental changes related to his growth, including facial and dental changes, for 10+ years. Once his growth pattern stabilizes, he will be ready for a more permanent fix like a dental implant. But until then, expect multiple dental visits to keep up with his growth and maintain his dental health.

Vote:
Sorry to hear about your son's tooth. I suggest you consult an experienced pediatric dentist immediately. Pulling teeth isn’t going to help to prevent white spots at all! You need to get a second opinion ASAP. Look for an excellent cosmetic dentist to help you. As he is only 10 years old, he will have many developmental changes related to his growth, including facial and dental changes, for 10+ years. Once his growth pattern stabilizes, he will be ready for a more permanent fix like a dental implant. But until then, expect multiple dental visits to keep up with his growth and maintain his dental health.
Thank you for your reply. I had posted this about 2 years ago. But since the topic has been revived, I would like to post an update. After his mesiodens were removed, 3 of his front teeth came in naturally. Fourth one still didn't. We worked with an orthodentist and an oral surgeon. He first got expanders put in for 6 months. The tooth still didn't errupt, so the oral surgeon exposed the tooth by pulling the gum above and then the orthodentist put a chain and brace to pull it down. He now has all 4 of is front teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question