Help please

Today a nurse checked my mouth as dentist here unable to detect my discomfort of Maxillary teeth after extraction on 7 June 2022 . I constantly complained about burning and irritating from teeth region 28 to pterygoid hamulus to throat .

She just pressed the hamulus region and felt something fluid like thing compressable mass increases in teeth 28 medial palatal side .

She said it's infection or abesces somewhere pterygoid hamulus process region to teeth 28 palatal region

Dentist are only saying unhealed socked . Where as i constantly complained bad smelled discharge from the extracted teeth . Nothing showed in OPG or IOPA .

What should I do sir . Last night i was unable to breath and medical worker gave me an IV to stabilize me .

Please help me where i go and what test can show the infection and it's spread .

Please

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Are you able to get followup from the surgeon who extracted your teeth? Seeing different providers is not the best option. If that surgeon is not available, are you able to see another surgeon?

Vote:
I asked her multiple time on last 4 visit . SHe has no idea . When I consulted a research fellow of MAXILLOFACIAL dept who also a macro vascular surgeon said he can see inhomogeneous mucosal thickening at alvolus of the teeth region , including clinical sign of swelling of PH region which is had bony which he applied LA and pain gone for moment, he suggest me to consult a dental radiologist to measure my Pterygoid hamulus process and styloid process . He also said my socket still not healed . His final words like at the region there are multiple factors causing issue . So i got an advice not to consult the dentist anymore . Instead go for any CRANIOFACIAL Surgeon .

My mucosa at region 28 is rubbery on palpation, mucosa of palatal side .

This macro vascular MDS surgeon is not able to treat me due to his research and he have to travel somewhere else but he said as much as diagnosis he can do he did but i need to go for some radiological, Serological etc tests .

I might need some other surgeries. He assures me it's not a case of malignancy.

Vote:
Are you able to get followup from the surgeon who extracted your teeth? Seeing different providers is not the best option. If that surgeon is not available, are you able to see another surgeon?
Update : Sir it's a complete dental negligence case found by court yesterday the verdict came out . Judges and medical panel found that the oral surgeon who was responsible for my case have neglected many things including

Even my CBCT of 19 Feb 2022 says a periapical lesion of palatal root with small discontinuity of palatal cortical plate and palatal abscess ( left upper wisdom )present he kept me on antioxidant and pain killer .

Previous case also they found as medical negligence as he not treated my palatal infection due to right upper wisdom teeth he did no curretage of the palatal gingival region .

At present i am adviced to get correction of my hard palate through surgery as they found hyperplasia caused by that . A periodontist also examined me and said infection has traveled to my left maxillary sinus causing mucosal thickening of maxillary floor .

And so many other things mentioned in the report submitted in court in front of the judges panel .

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm sorry you had to experience such difficult ordeal. Hope you are well taken care of and on track for full recovery.

Vote:
I'm sorry you had to experience such difficult ordeal. Hope you are well taken care of and on track for full recovery.
My surgery is scheduled on 16 November by a Craniofacial plastic surgeon who is a former Professor of Stanford .

Yesterday CBCT and MRI report says. 1. Thin cortical plate at left maxillary posterior region . 2. Mucosal hyperplasia at region 24 to 28 region extending towards pterygoid hamulus process region .3. periodontitis ( moderate ) at posterior region with existing teeth 28 . Maxillary sinus floor mucosal thickening ( left ) .4. Elongated pterygoid hamulus process. 5. Clinical note as Right palatal deformity due to chronic infection.. this will cost me alot as doctor said

Vote:

Ask a Question