Help Please! Receding gums

Hi everyone, I have noticed that my gums have been receding over the years. I realize that some recession is normal with age, but feel like my gums should not be receding this much at 29. I am really self conscious about this and have been having mild sensitivity. I really do not want this to get worse and am desperate to determine the cause so I can prevent further recession. In the past, I started using a soft bristle tooth brush (recommended by my general dentist) but the recession continued. I would like to fix the damage that is already done. Is this from poor oral hygiene/ gingivitis? What treatment options would be more beneficial at this point? Would scaling and planing improve this or should I be looking into gingival grafting? I don't have dental insurance, so pinhole surgery is out of the question at this point. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200207_212600.jpg
    20200207_212600.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 165

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Too blurry, and it's only ~70kB. Need at least 1Mb resolution. From what I can see, there is some minimal recession on the teeth that protrude, but nothing to be concerned about.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's more a result of your misaligned teeth. That is not the degree of recession you need to worry about.

Vote:

Ask a Question