Help please - bad teeth

I am 24 years old , and i have not been to the dentist in over 12 years ! i still have my all teeth , but they are decaying & chipping off ! & breaking apart ! im assuming from not having them cleaned in so long ! my wisdom teeth have been completely in for about 2 years & my jaws hurt all the time ! i have a gap in in between my front teeth & it has always bugged me . i probably have 12 to 13 cavities in my teeth ! i could have got braces as a child but i was too scared , due to having terrible parents they let me do or say what ever i wanted ! now im paying for it , i never smile & it kills my self esteem . i keep my head held low . & try not to look anyone in the face ! i have no self confidence & im sick of it . i spend so much time thinking about it & its embarrassing ! i make pretty good money & i have insurance ., just dont know who i need to see or talk to ? i dont want to have a ugly smile forever ! i want to be happy & normal like everyone else ! i dont want all my teeth pulled out ! is it too late for braces ? can my bad teeth be fixed or capped ? i need serious help ! because i want this fixed now ! if anyone has any ideas or information ????

My name is Dr. Thomas Karmen, I'd like to address your concerns and tell you that you are not beyond help. At your age I doubt you have severe periodontal problems though it's possible. I urge you STRONGLY to get to a dentist for full examination with x rays, and I assure you there are many alternatives to treat you without losing your dentition. Trust in the professionals and know that they are here to help people exactly like you are and that their concern is the same as yours. You are in pain, you are in need of help but please don't delay, go immediately and don't just look for an easy out, You've had years of neglect and it won't get fixed overnight but it's possible as yet if the gum tissues are not affected too badly.

Vote:

Ask a Question