Side of tongue feels numb

Solutions
Hi All,

Hoping for some help and info. A few months ago i had a back tooth pulled. Every now and again the back of my tongue on my left side feels kind of numb/burnt and as if i have bits of something on my tongue but there is nothing there it also lasts for a few days sometimes weeks. I have tried different toothpaste and mouthwash but no luck. Does anybody have any ideas at all what it could be ?

Thank you

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Does your tongue feel numb all the time or sometimes? Does it seem to improve over time? I'm suspecting some swelling that may be placing pressure against the tongue (lingual) nerve. You should follow up with an oral surgeon and possibly consider corticosteroid therapy to reduce the pressure against that nerve.

Vote:

Omi

Solutions
Same here.... But my tongue is long as my dentist says.
I am able to see that think..
On one side. This attached pic is taken on april 2020 and that time i also facing chronic tonsilitis same side.. (I am able to touch my tonsil by tongue also)
Still i am facing this issue.. And that time ent advise me to pull out my last teeth but due to pendemic time i waited then i go to dentist he told me no need. And its a normal irritation.
Still i am facing this issue.
And using night gaurd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118_011907.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118_011907.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Same here.... But my tongue is long as my dentist says.
I am able to see that think..
On one side. This attached pic is taken on april 2020 and that time i also facing chronic tonsilitis same side.. (I am able to touch my tonsil by tongue also)
Still i am facing this issue.. And that time ent advise me to pull out my last teeth but due to pendemic time i waited then i go to dentist he told me no need. And its a normal irritation.
Still i am facing this issue.
And using night gaurd.

The circled items on the image appears normal anatomy.

Vote:

Ask a Question