help needed

Hi all, a few weeks back I went to local dentist with a broken tooth next to my wisdom tooth on the bottom of my mouth. I don't have a regular dentist so had to call the nhs emergency line. Anyway she put a temporary filling in the tooth and in the past few weeks it has become infected. I've been getting an unbearable pain all up my face and in my ear etc. I went back to an emergency dental centre and all he said was to take a 5 day course of amoxcillin and that I needed xrays done. The next day I didn't go into work and went to have xrays done and I took them back to the original dentist to send off for me to be referred for a tooth extraction bit they told me I could be waiting up to 3 weeks for the appointment. I took my last amoxcillin today and my mouth and face are still causing me havoc. I have been taking painkillers every two hours as advised by the dentist but it doesn't seem to be touching it and I can't work like this as I drive hgvs for a living and I can't focus. Any ideas what I can do to relieve the pain? Would it be a bad idea to remove the filling etc? I need this sorted urgently and no dentist seems to want to help, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question