Help Me Deal With My Fluorosis!

Hello!

Well no good deed goes unpunished. When I was a child I allllwwaaays used my dentist-recommended fluoride mouthwash. I was such a good boy.

But a few years ago I really began to notice the white streaks on my canines and incisors. Based on my talking with my dentist and my own research, it's fluorosis.

Since my condition is not terrible, I will go with an over-the-counter whitener to see what happens. I have heard many of the more extreme whiteners rarely fix fluorosis.

I will do my research on which toothpaste/mouthwash to go with for best whitening.

Anyone have any thoughts/flaws in my plan?

I will report back what happens. Hopefully it will make the white streaks diminish while bring up the white of the rest of my teeth.

My fluorosis is made more prominent by teeth whitening and additional fluoride. Does CG MI Paste (Tooth Mousse) work as a possible solution to fluorosis and white spot lesions?

Vote:
I had never heard of internal bleaching until I just looked it up.Looks like the tooth becomes dead after that particular procedure. If I should decide to do crowns, what's the best option for my front 4 teeth on top? I have heard of all porcelain, PFMs, and CERIC. What are the pros and cons to these types? Thanks for your response!

Vote:
All porcelain looks the best. PFM is the strongest. It stands for Porcelain fused to metal. The inside is metal with porcelain over the top. I'm not a big fan of CERIC crowns. They tend to break more easily than PFM's. All porcelain veneers are the most conservative. They look natural and require the removal of little to none of your natural teeth depending on which type you get. Lumineers brand veneers are thin like a contact lens yet strong and pretty.

Vote:

Ask a Question