Hello! I am new here.

I am not sure how to use this site yet but, I hope it can help me. I have always had major dental anxiety that seems to have increased as I age. I need to go to a dentist but, each time I make an appointment, I have a panic attack and cancel. I know my biggest problem and it is the feeling of being out of control laying in that chair. I was abused as a child and being in the dentist chair or any kind of confined situation reminds me of that same feeling. I know I cannot have sedation or medication because the idea of it increases my anxiety of being out of control. Sp. there is all that but, I still need a dentist and have many dental problems. My dentist who I felt pretty safe with has retired and now I don't know how to just find a dentist who is a stranger and have to start all over. I have googled dentists who specialize in dental anxiety and phobias but all I get is "sedation dentistry" sites and I don't know how to find a dentist who might understand how I feel. Does anyone know of a central place that can recommend dentists who work with dental phobics in specific locations? ~Susan

drmins

Verified Dentist
Don't be anxious about. We dentists are basically good people. You are always welcome. LOL ;)

Ask a Question