Hello from Canada

Great Lakes Dental

Verified Dentist
Hi Everyone,

My name is Dr. Jennifer Thomm. I'm a cosmetic & family dentist from Sarnia, Ontario Canada. I own and operate my own dental clinic: www.GreatLakesDental.ca

I've been practicing dentistry since 2003 and owned/operated Great Lakes Dental since 2008.

Prior to becoming a Dentist, I attended the University of Western Ontario and completed a degree in Genetics. I then moved to Cleveland, OH where I achieved my Doctoral of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 2003 from Case Western Reserve University, one of North America’s finest universities.

I'm active member of the Ontario Dental Association, Canadian Dental Association and Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. I'm also a certified provider of Cerec Dentistry (a unique CAD/CAM system for patient-specific ceramic restorations in a single visit). Every year I continue to advance my education through seminars, study clubs and conferences to keep up with the latest changes and techniques in dentistry.

I'm also dedicated to giving back and improving the lives of those less fortunate in my community. Over the years, I've supported a variety of charitable, cultural, sports & community causes. Initiatives that focus on at-risk youth are central to my philanthropic endeavors. I've been able to effectively combine personal leadership with strategic giving & public awareness to deliver significant results that have left a lasting impact.

When I'm not practicing dentistry or volunteering, I enjoy spending time with my husband and two sons. An avid runner, I've completed in road races and several marathons. I also enjoy playing piano, reading and hiking in my free time.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
519-542-3427

Last edited by a moderator:
What a coincidence, I was just researching Canada's systems. Does anybody know if Canada covers dental care for immigrants, and if so to what extent?

Great Lakes Dental

Verified Dentist
Dental care in Canada is largely a publicly uninsured service. This means that for most Canadians (with the exception of: Military, Indigenous, Disabled, Prisoners & Refugees), Canadians pay for their dental services out-of-pocket or through the use of private insurance. Therefore to answer your question, in the absence of private insurance, you would likely be out-of-pocket for any services received.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
519-542-3427

Dental care in Canada is largely a publicly uninsured service. This means that for most Canadians (with the exception of: Military, Indigenous, Disabled, Prisoners & Refugees), Canadians pay for their dental services out-of-pocket or through the use of private insurance. Therefore to answer your question, in the absence of private insurance, you would likely be out-of-pocket for any services received.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
519-542-3427

Yes, it does help. Thank you.

Ask a Question