Haven't brushed in 3 years what to do?

After a little bit during school I was becoming lazy and after my teeth started to go yellow I thought no big deal but now I am too afraid to go to the dentist I am 14 years old hoping somebody can give me a tip they r yellow and hurt like crap they r ultra sensitive havnt been to a dentist for about 10 years now

If you haven't been caring for your teeth properly it's likely that you have some tooth decay which would cause the pain and sensitivity. The yellowing could be due to drinks, such as soda and coffee and poor oral hygiene. You can't underestimate the importance of brushing and flossing. Plus, once plaque hardens only a dentist can remove it, which means you might have a build-up and that can create a yellow tint. You are still extremely young and can likely reverse any damage you've done. See a dentist as soon as you can. It's never as scary as you think it will be. As a dentist, I see terrified patients all of the time who think that their visit will be horrible because they haven't kept up with their regular dental check-ups. It's never as bad as you build it up to be. I promise!

Vote:
I would start caring for them, go to the dentist and get them to clean them for you. Don't stress so hard, everyone makes mistakes. It's all about how you go about avoiding them in the future, and fixing the ones from the past. Start brushing your teeth twice a day, morning and night, and go see your local dentist ASAP so he can tell you more as to what's causing your pain!

Vote:
maintain your teeth

I completely agree, you have to seek professional dental care immediately! Keep in mind that neglecting the daily maintenance of your teeth can result in a dental bill worth several thousands..

Vote:
As some one who went through a similar experience, I can only urge you to make the decision to see the dentist as soon as possible. The longer you leave it the worse it's going to get, and more expensive it will become.

In the meantime buy a toothbrush and sensitive toothpaste and some floss. It's really does only take 2 - 3 minutes a couple of times a day at least. You can find instructional videos on youtube if you need to learn how to do it properly.

It doesn't have to get any worse, just build up the courage and take the first step..

Vote:
Not keeping your mouth healthy and clean can result in a lot of other issues later down the road. Your best bet is to go see your dentist, get cleaned up, and listen to EVERY bit of advice he gives you.

Vote:
Brush and Floss is very basic to improve your dental health.Plaque will build up and decay will be working overtime under it, get into the habit at least once a day.

Vote:

Ask a Question