Hate my yellow teeth

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by Annabela, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Annabela

Annabela

hi there,

I’m 44 and have noticed just how yellow my teeth are! They are also quite translucent at the bottom. It’s teally affecting my confidence.

How bad do they look? Whitening strips haven’t worked. I just want to look better and feel better :(

Thank you

Attached Files:

Annabela, Mar 15, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Annabela

Annabela

Thank you

Do you think they look yellow?

Annabela, Mar 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Annabela

KVMCruces

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's natural for your teeth to start yellowing as you get older but you're teeth don't look like they're "unhealthy". Just maintain your dental hygiene (floss, brush 2x daily, etc.) and you'll be fine.
    If you want your teeth whiter then you can always go to your dentist and discuss it with them. Almost every dentist nowadays offer at home whitening kits.

KVMCruces, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Annabela

Annabela

Thank you KVM Cruces. I know I keep asking, but, do they appear yellow on these photos?

Annabela, Mar 25, 2019
  5. Annabela

KVMCruces

1st pic - slightly yellow but again, nothing out of the ordinary.
    2nd pic - not very clear. The lighting makes it appear like your upper teeth are whiter than your lower but I think its just the quality of the photo.

Don't stare at them for too long, you'll start creating problems that don't really exist.
    It's easy to get fixated on these types of things. We ALL do it. "my pores look big, if my butt was just a little bigger, if I could lose this bit of fat here" and so forth.

KVMCruces, Mar 25, 2019
  6. Annabela

Annabela

I guess it’s just that you see SO many people around with really bright white teeth. I like the wow factor

Annabela, Mar 25, 2019
  7. Annabela

KVMCruces

Personally, when I'm scrolling through social media it appears like everyone has that "Hollywood" smile but when I see people in person, just about everyone's smile is pretty average because we can't Photoshop our smiles in real life lol.
    I don't think your teeth are yellow beyond the usual/natural yellowing that occurs with age but if you want them to be whiter than by all means - go for it.

KVMCruces, Mar 26, 2019
  8. Annabela

MattKW Verified Dentist

Your teeth colour are about an A1 or A2 on a Classical Vita Shade Guide (B1 is actually the whitest); the Classical guide with Bleached Shades has been brought out to cope with the white-teeth craze. You colours are good and natural for your age, and I wish my looked that natural (I'm C4). It is all marketing hype to suggest we should have white teeth; they are naturally shade of yellow, brown, grey.
    Personally, I dislike toilet-bowl white because they look so fake, almost like dentures. I don't know I'd call it a "Wow!" factor but more a "Oh my God!" factor. Sure, people will notice, but maybe not in the way you think. Would they really tell you want they think, or would they be socially polite? A bit like boob implants that are too round.
    However, if you really want teeth that white, there are no significant risks in bleaching. Steer clear of more invasive procedures like veneers or crowns.

MattKW, Mar 27, 2019
  9. Annabela

drlolo

You can naturally white your teeth.
    • Try Oil Pulling. ...
    • Brush With Baking Soda. ...
    • Use Hydrogen Peroxide. ...
    • Use Apple Cider Vinegar. ...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    drlolo, Mar 28, 2019
  10. Annabela

MattKW Verified Dentist

What a load of rubbish!

MattKW, Mar 28, 2019
  11. Annabela

Annabela

I think these are better photographs of what I mean by transparent teeth:-

I can’t work out if whitening will help or not :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Annabela, Apr 1, 2019
  12. Annabela

MattKW Verified Dentist

I still think they look fine despite blurry photos. Bleaching will not reduce the translucency at all.

MattKW, Apr 2, 2019
  13. Annabela

Annabela

By ‘fine’, do you mean good?

Annabela, Apr 4, 2019
  14. Annabela

MattKW Verified Dentist

I mean that they suit you for your age, and are lighter-coloured than mine. Teeth get darker as we get older. If you think that white is "better", then explore your options. When it comes to colour of teeth (or hair, or skin, ...), then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think old people (e.g. celebrities etc) with white teeth look like dentures.

MattKW, Apr 4, 2019
  15. Annabela

Annabela

Ok, thank you. I think that whiter teeth make a person look more youthful, which is what I want. I think I will explore Zoom whitening.

Annabela, Apr 4, 2019
  16. Annabela

devonshiredentalgroup

If you want to make your teeth whiter then professional teeth whitening procedure is good for you. I also suggest you maintain oral hygiene and brush your teeth twice a day and use Listerine after a meal. This will help you to make teeth whiter.

devonshiredentalgroup, Apr 8, 2019
  17. Annabela

MattKW Verified Dentist

Listerine helps whiten teeth? Nonsense.

MattKW, Apr 11, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question