Hate my yellow teeth

hi there,

I’m 44 and have noticed just how yellow my teeth are! They are also quite translucent at the bottom. It’s teally affecting my confidence.

How bad do they look? Whitening strips haven’t worked. I just want to look better and feel better :(

Thank you

Attachments

• F6130F94-F62D-4289-B666-9B7A3C582705.jpeg
    F6130F94-F62D-4289-B666-9B7A3C582705.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 247
  • A3576688-E47E-4161-8957-B32718989A15.png
    A3576688-E47E-4161-8957-B32718989A15.png
    788.4 KB · Views: 254
hi there,

I’m 44 and have noticed just how yellow my teeth are! They are also quite translucent at the bottom. It’s teally affecting my confidence.

How bad do they look? Whitening strips haven’t worked. I just want to look better and feel better :(

Thank you

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's natural for your teeth to start yellowing as you get older but you're teeth don't look like they're "unhealthy". Just maintain your dental hygiene (floss, brush 2x daily, etc.) and you'll be fine.
If you want your teeth whiter then you can always go to your dentist and discuss it with them. Almost every dentist nowadays offer at home whitening kits.

Vote:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's natural for your teeth to start yellowing as you get older but you're teeth don't look like they're "unhealthy". Just maintain your dental hygiene (floss, brush 2x daily, etc.) and you'll be fine.
If you want your teeth whiter then you can always go to your dentist and discuss it with them. Almost every dentist nowadays offer at home whitening kits.

Thank you KVM Cruces. I know I keep asking, but, do they appear yellow on these photos?

Vote:
Thank you KVM Cruces. I know I keep asking, but, do they appear yellow on these photos?

1st pic - slightly yellow but again, nothing out of the ordinary.
2nd pic - not very clear. The lighting makes it appear like your upper teeth are whiter than your lower but I think its just the quality of the photo.

Don't stare at them for too long, you'll start creating problems that don't really exist.
It's easy to get fixated on these types of things. We ALL do it. "my pores look big, if my butt was just a little bigger, if I could lose this bit of fat here" and so forth.

Vote:
1st pic - slightly yellow but again, nothing out of the ordinary.
2nd pic - not very clear. The lighting makes it appear like your upper teeth are whiter than your lower but I think its just the quality of the photo.

Don't stare at them for too long, you'll start creating problems that don't really exist.
It's easy to get fixated on these types of things. We ALL do it. "my pores look big, if my butt was just a little bigger, if I could lose this bit of fat here" and so forth.

I guess it’s just that you see SO many people around with really bright white teeth. I like the wow factor

Vote:
I guess it’s just that you see SO many people around with really bright white teeth. I like the wow factor

Personally, when I'm scrolling through social media it appears like everyone has that "Hollywood" smile but when I see people in person, just about everyone's smile is pretty average because we can't Photoshop our smiles in real life lol.
I don't think your teeth are yellow beyond the usual/natural yellowing that occurs with age but if you want them to be whiter than by all means - go for it.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your teeth colour are about an A1 or A2 on a Classical Vita Shade Guide (B1 is actually the whitest); the Classical guide with Bleached Shades has been brought out to cope with the white-teeth craze. You colours are good and natural for your age, and I wish my looked that natural (I'm C4). It is all marketing hype to suggest we should have white teeth; they are naturally shade of yellow, brown, grey.
Personally, I dislike toilet-bowl white because they look so fake, almost like dentures. I don't know I'd call it a "Wow!" factor but more a "Oh my God!" factor. Sure, people will notice, but maybe not in the way you think. Would they really tell you want they think, or would they be socially polite? A bit like boob implants that are too round.
However, if you really want teeth that white, there are no significant risks in bleaching. Steer clear of more invasive procedures like veneers or crowns.

Vote:
You can naturally white your teeth.
  • Try Oil Pulling. ...
  • Brush With Baking Soda. ...
  • Use Hydrogen Peroxide. ...
  • Use Apple Cider Vinegar. ...

Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You can naturally white your teeth.
  • Try Oil Pulling. ...
  • Brush With Baking Soda. ...
  • Use Hydrogen Peroxide. ...
  • Use Apple Cider Vinegar. ...
  • Use Fruits and Vegetables. ...
  • Prevent Tooth Stains Before They Happen. ...
  • Don't Underestimate the Value of Brushing and Flossing.
What a load of rubbish!

Vote:
What a load of rubbish!

I think these are better photographs of what I mean by transparent teeth:-

I can’t work out if whitening will help or not :)

Attachments

• 30EF256B-EE32-416C-AB15-9BF4C9AC2925.jpeg
    30EF256B-EE32-416C-AB15-9BF4C9AC2925.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 226
  • C12634E6-7816-40C7-8A04-8DBFD41908A1.jpeg
    C12634E6-7816-40C7-8A04-8DBFD41908A1.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I still think they look fine despite blurry photos. Bleaching will not reduce the translucency at all.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I mean that they suit you for your age, and are lighter-coloured than mine. Teeth get darker as we get older. If you think that white is "better", then explore your options. When it comes to colour of teeth (or hair, or skin, ...), then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think old people (e.g. celebrities etc) with white teeth look like dentures.

Vote:
I mean that they suit you for your age, and are lighter-coloured than mine. Teeth get darker as we get older. If you think that white is "better", then explore your options. When it comes to colour of teeth (or hair, or skin, ...), then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think old people (e.g. celebrities etc) with white teeth look like dentures.
Ok, thank you. I think that whiter teeth make a person look more youthful, which is what I want. I think I will explore Zoom whitening.

Vote:
If you want to make your teeth whiter then professional teeth whitening procedure is good for you. I also suggest you maintain oral hygiene and brush your teeth twice a day and use Listerine after a meal. This will help you to make teeth whiter.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you want to make your teeth whiter then professional teeth whitening procedure is good for you. I also suggest you maintain oral hygiene and brush your teeth twice a day and use Listerine after a meal. This will help you to make teeth whiter.
Listerine helps whiten teeth? Nonsense.

Vote:

Ask a Question