Hard yellow stuff on tooth

I'm having this strange stuff on tooth after I got second tooth after milk one.. as far as I remember, it was like that only?
What is this?
How to get rid of it?

Attachments

• IMG_20180528_203756.jpg
    IMG_20180528_203756.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hypoplastic enamel damage. In other words, the enamel didn't form properly. Sometimes due to fluoridation of water supply, but the mark on your tooth is well-defined, so I wonder if you might've fallen over as a child and pushed the baby tooth in a bit. A dentist can simply repair this as if it was decay with a composite filling. BTW, you have a lot of erosion of your lower incisors, which suggests that you might be having a lot of acidic drinks, e.g. soft drinks, juices?

Vote:
I'm having this strange stuff on tooth after I got second tooth after milk one.. as far as I remember, it was like that only?
What is this?
How to get rid of it?

What is this?
How to get rid of it?
Enamel Hypoplasia- during congenital development (by birth) Enamel layer of tooth is disturbed (not form correctly). Hence yellow,brownish spots occurs.
But here it is localized for only one tooth. It happens mostly due to deciduous (milk tooth) traumatic injury. Perhaps you would have gotten any external injury during formation of permanent tooth.
Anyway, treatment is available.
. Resin fillers.
. Composite restoration.
. Gold restoration.
. Crown etc.
My advice- you may approach to a nearby dentist. Search on any medical site for a qualified, experienced dentist in your area (experience is good for this case, need to do it carefully) and get light cure composite.

Vote:
Hypoplastic enamel damage. In other words, the enamel didn't form properly. Sometimes due to fluoridation of water supply, but the mark on your tooth is well-defined, so I wonder if you might've fallen over as a child and pushed the baby tooth in a bit. A dentist can simply repair this as if it was decay with a composite filling. BTW, you have a lot of erosion of your lower incisors, which suggests that you might be having a lot of acidic drinks, e.g. soft drinks, juices?
Thanks a lot sir!
Btw you're right about soft drinks, I was consuming too much lately, Is it anything that can be done for the lower incisors in that case?

Vote:

Ask a Question