Hard spot(lump)on my lower gum

Hello.Yesterday I eat something and a small food crumble went under my tongue.I felt there a little movable lump(like a lymph node)at the end of salivary (submandibular )gland(ducts)in the middle on the mouth floor.It might be normal ,but not sure.And then I searched my all gums and mouth and I found this very small hard lump on the inside lower gum.Is not painfull but very hard when I press on it but I don’t know what could be.I am scared a little bit so if you know what can be untill I go to the dentist …Thank you.Last dentist visit was a year ago.

Attachments

• 58EDFDB3-2DBD-4FF8-A3A8-D3BA90D57FFD.jpeg
    58EDFDB3-2DBD-4FF8-A3A8-D3BA90D57FFD.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 44
I didn’t mention I had an neck MRI and a base tongue biopsy 11 months ago for a prominent mucosa.Turned out benign,viral squamous cell papilloma.
I wonder if on the neck MRI could have been seen salivary glands,sublingual glands or anything in the mouth?or just the tongue base?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
On the photo provided it might also be only a simple bony exotosis or growth. This is a variation of normal anatomy and nothing to worry about. I would keep an eye on the area. If it enlarges or becomes ulcerated, seek the opinion of an oral surgeon.

Vote:
Thank you.I’ve been to the dentist yesterday,did an x ray and also palpated it but in rush,she said is nothing ,not to worry about,but still don’t know what actually is the name of it.

Vote:

Ask a Question