Hard lump gum line

Solutions
Hi everyone
I am glad I found this site I have horrific teeth due to bad genetics , accidents and drinking way too much Pepsi over the years . I have not seen dentist in 20 years I am a very hyperactive person with extreme energy and anxiety . I am so afraid to see a dentist and of course embarrassed !! I have had dental problems since I was 5 years old ! By my teenage years I already had 8 root canals and 2 extractions . Last time I saw a dentist I was 23 which was back in 1999 . I feel ashamed and ugly . Of course I have a history of bad dentists which does not help things either .
Right now I have this concern : About 5 years ago I was stupid I took a very hard frozen piece of ice and put it in my mouth and chew it . I cracked the root canal of the lower molar tooth , boy did that hurt ! I know stupid of me not going to the dentist . I discovered a lot of hard white Tatar around that tooth about 4 years ago , part of that tooth broke and I also discovered a lump in my gum line right below that tooth . I am sure it is related . That lump is a bit smaller than a dime . It is somewhat painful but sometimes I have no pain . This lump is relatively hard but it has not grown at all in 4 years , I feel bony cracking when I push against that lump , the same feeling when you crack your knuckles . The color of that lump is the same as the surrounding tissue and gums . There is no dark red and there is no white either . By the way I quit Pepsi 7 years ago and started to be much more health conscious

Here is my question is that Lump a Cyst ? or is it hard calcium built up under the roots and inflamed the gum area of that tooth ? An Odontoma ? An oral fibroma ? A buccal exostosis ? I ruled out an abscess tooth , I do not think that what it is . I have no fever , a great appetite and a high functioning immune system . I know it is hard to diagnose something you can not see . Any guesses and answers would help . I will go see a dentist , it is going to be so difficult for me but I have to do this soon !!! Thank you

A_s

Solutions
Hi Rico99:

I understand going to see a dentist can be scary (I can remember this when I was a child/teenager, unsure what dentist would do to me, and all these instruments and noise).

But please please know, there are dentists who are passionate about their jobs and willing to help you and they are happy they can help, instead of laughing at you. If you are not feeling comfortable with seeing one dentist, you can always change to another dentist that you are happy to work with. There will be at least one dentist there that is willing to help you :)

According to your concern:
When you cracked the tooth, the tooth may have been reinfected, and it is possible to have an abscess. But I cannot just say it must be an abscess because I didn't have all the clinical information.

The tooth may not be salvageable, depending on how severe is the crack, is it still possible to do root canal treatment, is it still restorable, etc.

Hope it helps.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi A-s first thank you so much for replying I greatly appreciate it
I have to wait until my dental insurance from work kick in . Yes I know I have to have X rays and maybe even other types of more modern radiographs . I have not seen a dentist in 20 years . I am sure there is new technology I have so much work that needs to be done but right now I am just concerned about that hard Lump in my gum line . Is this pain excruciating ? No it is not but sometime I have painful moments I have been eating raw garlic and that has helped somewhat with the pain
I am keeping this as a secret from family , friends , neighbors , coworkers , my girlfriend , my daughter no one knows about this . I want to keep it that way until I make that appointment and I will go ahead and announces this dental secret .
I just need to find a good dentist who is very understanding . I have no dental insurance at the present moment but come 2020 the dental insurance at work is very different than the previous years , it is an excellent plan .
Yes I am aware of clinical examination and radiographs , U think it is more of a Dental abscess and not a cyst . As far as I know a dental abscess is different from a cyst ??
Thank you again for talking to me !!

Vote:

Ask a Question