Half of baby tooth has been loose for a year or more

i've had a baby tooth that came out probably sometime in 2019, but only one half of it came out. its the 3rd to last tooth from the molar, not the wisdom tooth. i don't know what the tooth is called, but its hollow inside and the permanent tooth came in fine, but the gum above the loose part is hurting. (it's not infected, i can tell, but it just hurts) it wiggles a lot, but it won't budge at all and even if i pull hard it won't come out. i've tried using floss to get it out, but it didn't work.
i might get it pulled out today but if i start to panic (i have anxiety + a fear of the dentist) we'll leave and schedule another appointment. i don't know what i'll do besides getting the dentist to take it out, but i'm absolutely terrified of throwing up or having weird symptoms after i get it taken out (if i even do). is there any advice on somehow taking it out at home? or am i gonna have to get this done at the dentist?

i ended up getting it pulled out, it was stuck to the gum so part of my gum was torn off but it came out pretty easy since it was just a hollowed shell of a tooth instead of a root or filled in tooth... the permanent one was unharmed and is normal

Vote:

Ask a Question