Had a lot of work...

Hello, very concerned, had a lot of work over the last 8 weeks. I went to the dentist for the first time in 10-13 years because I finally had insurance...I actually went a week earlier because I had sudden pain one night which wound up being an absess (spot on my gums and terrible sensitive pain when the Endontist held a cold qtip to my gum) -- he did the initial root canal on tooth 31 which went fine (1 visit) but since then the tooth next to it (30) was very sensitive to cold (maybe hot too but not as much). After 8 weeks the sensitivity turned into pain and he did a root canal on that tooth. Is it just coincidence that after all this time I needed a root canal on two teeth in a row? Can an infection spread to multiple teeth under the gum? Initially I was told the sensitivity was probably from the root planing and scaling that was done after the root canal and that it would go away -- I had this procedure done about 5 weeks ago. I had also had a lot of fillings on that same side. I am reluctant to have my dentist open up the metal fillings on my other side as she did to tooth 30 and then I had to get a root canal anyway -- should that be a concern? The dentist also said I will need grafting on 30 because the gum is too receded. Finally, should I prioritize the crowns or getting my wisdom teeth out (3 of them, the 4th never came in)? They don't bother me but she said there is a lot of decay and she isn't going to drill them. I guess the crowns should get the priority right? Thanks for the input!!!

Ask a Question