Had a crowned tooth snap below the gum line.

Hey guys,

I have an emergency root canal done in Iraq around 2006ish. When I finally got home to the states they crowned the tooth. About 2010 the whole side of my face blew up, it looked like I got beat really bad. I even had a black eye. I immediately went to the dentist. The dentist said he couldn't find anything wrong with my teeth and that he would prescribe antibiotics, but most likely it was a bad sinus infection. The antibiotics worked, and the pain stopped. Fastforward to yesterday. I was chewing some food and my whole tooth just slid out of my gum :(. I didn't feel any pain, it still doesn't hurt.

Here is a picture. Do you think there is anyway to save this or do I just need an implant?

P.S. Dark spot on the tooth seems to be metal, not rot. I actually can understand why it fell out? I have some Macro lenses if you need and extreme closeup of the tooth.

Attachments

• 20131206_133316.jpg
    20131206_133316.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_20131207_161751.jpg
    IMG_20131207_161751.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
crowns may fall off due to lack of cement, imoroper fit or very small amount oof tooth strusture remaining to hold the crown.
u cn temporarily save it by applyng adhesive materials on crown or ur dentist may re-cement it if it is still in proper condition.. otherwise go for a new crown or an implant

Vote:

Ask a Question