Gun flap after wisdom teeth removal

6CCCED46-0FA5-4AC3-9C3B-2E54EB7D53D4.jpeg
I had my wisdom teeth out 6 days ago and just recently I have noticed my gum has come up onto the side my right far back molar. I can peel it back and it is not in place. Is this normal and will it go away or should I talk to my dentist?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like chunky skin after a flap was raised. It should gradually shrink. Just keep it clean with light t'brushing so it doesn't get inflamed.

Vote:
Looks like chunky skin after a flap was raised. It should gradually shrink. Just keep it clean with light t'brushing so it doesn't get inflamed.
It is a bit inflamed already it appeared overnight and I'm keeping my whole mouth clean and using salt water rinses alot it's been 1 week since I got them out my one tooth is also sensitive

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That's within expectations. Just keep as clean as you reasonably can. The sensitivity usually comes from the tooth in front of the extraction because the gum has temporarily lifted away.

Vote:

Ask a Question