Gums tissue disappearing?

I know it makes little sense but a quick explanation:

I've had a botched root canals about 10 years ago. My mouth got infected and my crown was NEVER to this day secure. It has wiggled since day one so I think there as always been a path for germs to go up there. I spent $$$$$ on this crappy dentist/endo combination and still ended up on the losing side. Found a new doctor who put another crown in and suggested we see how it goes..if not then i would need something more radical, I forgot what he suggested but I only say that to give a brief background of my mouth.

I now am starting to feel tingling in my gums where my crown is. also, looks like my gum tissue is kind of going away and i can see into my canal some? what is going on here? does anyone know how serious this is? I will make an app. but need to know if this is very urgent. I do not want to get another infection b/c the last one resulted in half of my face EXTREMELY swollen.

nee4qv.jpg

This does look urgent.
wish there was an xray to look at, and remember the full clinical scenario is unknown so take any info here with "a grain of salt".
you may need some bone/tissue grafting. how viable the tooth is will have to be determined. the tooth may be able to be saved.
worse case scenario, you may lose the tooth but can replace it with an implant.
do try to get this looked after sooner rather than later.

Vote:

Ask a Question