Gums & lip piercing

Hi there, I've had my lip pierced, on the side of my lip, for ~10 months. Anyway, I have taken it out because I noticed it catching on my gum too often, and rubbing against my gums, despite jewelry changes to stop excessive movement/rubbing. The gum that being latched onto is now a bit loose in between two of my teeth. I've noticed that there are a few minute cuts in the same area. I have not gone to see my dentist yet, but I am curious whether there is anything I can do to encourage the gum to tighten up in between my teeth in the meantime, or any way to get the minute cuts to heal fully.

It's great that you have removed the piercing, otherwise the problem must have gone worse. You might be facing gum recession, therefore in gum recession which is irreversible and can only be corrected with a surgical procedure commonly known as a gum graft, and clinically known as a connective soft tissue graft. See a periodontist who specializes in the treatment of gum disease and correcting gum related problems like gum recession.
Don't worry this can be cured but provided to visit the dentist as soon as possible. :)

Vote:

Ask a Question