Gums disolving and discolored after tooth extraction. Please help!!

I have my right upper 3rd molar pulled 3 days ago. I needed a root canal but I don't have insurance and it was too expensive and it was hurting me really badly and needed to come out asap. The night it was pulled there was a white bump right next to the extraction site. The next morning the bump and gums had kind of "dissolved" in a sense and under it was a whitefish greenish color. This morning I noticed it's bigger than yesterday and it's more green than it was before. I haven't touched it with my tongue but it's on the roof of my mouth so the side of my tongue brushes against it when I talk. I don't think it is a dry socket because there is a dark colored blood clot in the actual socket(I drew an arrow in the photo) and I feel no pain or discomfort. Also I've been extra cautious to avoid a dry socket. Please let me know if you think it is one though. I am having bad breath though(although it's not fowl or rancid, just a little sour). I don't know if this is an infection or something more serious. I circled the area in the photo. It's on the roof of my mouth not the actual extraction hole. Also please disregard the last tooth behind it. I know it's super gross but that's my wisdom tooth that just grew in and it's so far back my toothbrush can't reach it. I'm getting those out next. Please help me I'm freaking out and my dentist is closed til Monday!!
IMG_0807.JPG
1491593122466.jpeg

Ask a Question