Gum & Tooth Wear

I've had problems with the gum line receding over the years which has resulted in the lower canines being worn down at the base. The waring advances in stages with ridges appearing on the tooth.

Been to the dentist twice recently about it because it seems to be picking up pace. My dentist advised to brush with a soft bristle brush, in circles and once over the main areas. To me this still isn't working which leads me to think theres something else going on.

Can upload picture if necessary.

Could it be a case of my diet missing something that is essential to gum and tooth health? Could there be something inside my teeth that’s weakening them?

Would really appreciate any advice. I'm concerned that I'll eventually loose my teeth.

Regards,

Lee

Same story on both sides

Attachments

• DSC_1882.JPG
    DSC_1882.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 427

Vote:
Looks like you have a parafunctional habit, e.g. grinding, clenching etc. if the areas at the base are like a V-notch, it is probably due to heavy occlusal forces acting on those teeth in particular and you may benefit from a night guard.
Pic is a bit blurry, but if your oral hygiene isn't up to par you should ensure you get regular cleanings and brush and floss daily.

Vote:
Thanks DRAVG. I actually bought one of those and am trying it out on occasion. I'll use it more often now. Is there any one in particular you would recommend?

Vote:
Discuss what is best for you with your dentist. Usually a custom night guard works best and should not be too bulky. some have derived good results from OTC products. make sure its a dental night guard and not a sport mouth guard.

Vote:

Ask a Question