Gum tenderness and pain

I have had gum tenderness and pain between my top two molars especially when flossing and chewing on that area. The gum line is red and feels slightly swollen but does not usually bleed when flossing although it is painful. It has been about a month I have experienced this and in that time I have been to the dentist twice. I was told I have gingivitis and regular flossing should clear it up. I have been brushing twice daily, flossing at night, and using a CPC mouthwash but haven’t seen much improvement for a month. Was hoping someone here can provide me some tips for pain relief and to heal this gingivitis. Or could it be something else?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I cannot explain why your gums are not responding or healing. Usually the gums heal quickly unless you're a smoker, diabetic, or have other medical conditions. You could get a 2nd opinion and tell the new dentist all the details you had given.

Vote:

Ask a Question