Gum swelling

Hello, I've been having a loose tooth issue for a few days due to what I imagine is teeth grinding at night (increased recently by stress from college which is what I assume caused the looseness). For a few days I touched it a lot and obviously this only made it more loose. Recently, my tooth has begun to tighten up because I was careful not to touch it and made sure I wouldn't grind at night using a mouth guard. However, just in the last day, there was a large amount of swelling of the gums around the loose tooth. Now, I would take this immediately to a dentist but I'm low on cash and I would like another opinion on whether my gums are simply irritated from me constantly messing with it, or if it is something more serious like gum disease. I have started flossing and gurgling salt water but if it's more serious I'm sure that won't help. The gums don't hurt and dont bleed when brushing, so I'm wondering what the deal is. Picture provided below. Just a lot of swelling.

Attachments

• 15207499898721488067716.jpg
    15207499898721488067716.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 329
Being short on cash is never easy especially when something like this comes up.
A lot of dentists offer new patient specials ($50-$75 cleaning with a free exam/xray, etc...) it might be worth it to call around and ask or just browse websites of your local dentists.

Vote:

Ask a Question