Gum recession

Solutions
Hello,

I have an appointment with the dentist in about 2 weeks, but I'd just like an opinion before.

I know I have some gum recession but I am just wondering how bad it is. it is hard for me to tell.

I hav attached a photo. Is it terrible and do I need a gum treatment or is it ok? My teeth have always been gappy/spacious btw. It's just gum height I worry bout.

Thx for any help.

Attachments

• 20201115_103455.jpg
    20201115_103455.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Without x-rays to detect your bone levels and gum probings to assess gum attachments levels, we do not have enough information on your gums. According to the image, your gums look light pink which is good. I suspect the source(s) of your gum recession is (are) trauma. You may be brushing too hard and or you may be grinding and clenching. Look at your toothbrush. Are you using a soft bristled one? Does the bristles look flattened? The soft bristles should never be flattening or bent even when you toss it after 3 to 4 months. You may also consider a custom bite guard.

Vote:
Solutions
Without x-rays to detect your bone levels and gum probings to assess gum attachments levels, we do not have enough information on your gums. According to the image, your gums look light pink which is good. I suspect the source(s) of your gum recession is (are) trauma. You may be brushing too hard and or you may be grinding and clenching. Look at your toothbrush. Are you using a soft bristled one? Does the bristles look flattened? The soft bristles should never be flattening or bent even when you toss it after 3 to 4 months. You may also consider a custom bite guard.

Thx for answering. The bristles look a little bent so I'm guessing I brush too hard. Will try to brush softer.

It's good you think the gum colour is ok though.

Have they receded a lot can you see or just a bit? I know it's not easy just on a picture but I find it difficult to tell.

Vote:
Solutions
I've recently seen Gengigel gel in a couple of shops, which says is good for receding gums.

Of course I know the product is going to say it works...but do any dentists know much about it or recommend it?

Any other products that are good?

Vote:

Ask a Question