Gum recession 20 year old, help!

Hi everyone,

I went to the dentist today and he pointed out gum recession on my bottom two front teeth which I also noticed recently. It is around 1.5-2mm. The dentist said that it is due to braces that I had as a teenager pulling my bottom teeth forward, damaging the bone and resulting in general weakening in that area. He said that at the moment he isn't considering anything regarding surgery as he doesn't see a need as long as I can maintain the state that they're in at the moment. I heard him going around my mouth measuring pocket depths and they were all 1 or 2 with one 3, so there isn't an issue with gum disease.

He suggested just maintaining my normal oral hygiene regime ( brushing twice a day, flossing once ), but is there anything else that would be recommended? I cannot afford the gum graft surgery, which would be about £1000, anytime in the near future, so keeping these at the state they're in for as long as possible would be ideal.

Thanks!

Ask a Question