Gum Pain At Night

Hi All!

I've been suffering gum pain at night (on the right side of my mouth) for the past couple of nights.

I think it's gum and not tooth, it's hard to exactly pin point but think so.

What's happened is I've become fearful of the general anaesthetic and had to leave my past 2 dental appointments. My last was about a month-5 weeks ago.

I'm worried it could be an abscess and not sure what to do as I can never get the treatment done. I'm in the UK and the dentist has offered to refer me elsewhere for laughing gas but I don't feel I could go through with that either (I think I have pharmacophobia) and worried as to what to do now.

It was very painful last night and I took some paracetamol which severely lessened it. Today I woke up and it wasn't good but after I had a shower it seemed to be completely ok and no pain but has kicked off again about 2 hrs ago (at half 3pm.) Seems to flare up later in the day, any ideas why and I know an appointment is probably the logical answer but what I should do going forward?

Thanks!

Solutions
Maybe you should talk with the dentist about your fear, it's not uncommon. And you should go to the appointment, to check everything, because periodontal problems could arise from not treated gums.

Vote:

Ask a Question