Gum disease

Hi,
So long story short I've smoked heavily for 10 years and had all sorts of issues with wisdom teeth which left me not even wanting to touch my mouth for nearly a year while I waited for oral surgery to have a very painful tooth removed.
My gums have receded around every tooth and its become a massive concern to me as one tooth has moved and is a bit wobbly. I spoke to one of the leading periodontists in the country and have followed his advice religiously since.
I've given up smoking completely stopped drinking fizzy drinks,I use listerine advanced defence gum treatment after brushing, I've purchased an electric toothbrush and also use tepe brushes in between my teeth.
Nothing seems to help? My gums still look pale with sections hurting and I'm sure the receding is getting worse.
Help! I don't want to lose my teeth

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What did your periodontist say about your concerns? We can't really give you much advice without a clinical exam and x-rays.

Vote:

Ask a Question