Gum contouring or braces?

I hate my smile. I had braces for two years in high school roughly 10 years ago and I stopped seeing my orthodontist shortly after getting my braces removed. I have worn retainers since then and my teeth over the years have just gotten worse and worse. I have also noticed that my jawline has expanded since I had my wisdom teeth removed just before I got my braces (not sure if that has anything to do with it).

I did not pay attention too often to how badly they have shifted until I started noticing that I had been taken selfies with my head tilted to the side subconsciously to hide my uneven smile. At first I thought it may be the muscles in my face causing my smile to appear crooked but it seems that one side of my teeth are almost smaller and less bucked than the other. My dentist has never commented on the unevenness of my teeth.

Could this be corrected with a simple fix of my retainer, should I get invisalign or braces, or should I speak with a periodontist or both?

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(Pictures are attached below)

All of these are recent pictures (taken within 3 days of eachother)

You can notice how quickly my teeth shift because in the third picuture I had been actively wearing my retainers. In the first and second picture I had gone 3 days without wearing my retainers and you can notice the gap forming.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2330.PNG IMG_2331.PNG

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_2330.PNG
IMG_2331.PNG

Last edited:

Ask a Question