Good?

First off I just want to say that I know that I have bad dental hygiene and am working on improving it. I even have a job now that offers a dental plan and I have signed up for it but doesn't go in effect till January 2013.

While in the bathroom this evening I was able to remove, what I assume, a clump of old food particles inbetween my teeth by the gum area. There now feels like this weird hole (again yes I know I have had bad dental hygiene). Is this a good thing that I was able to remove this by myself and now there is an empty "pocket" by my gums and teeth; the teeth around the area still seem firmly in place.

Thank you for your time reading this and any responses that I receive.

P.S. I wanted to submit a picture but apparently unable to do, also I hope I get email notifications as this is my first thread post.

If the thing you removed was calculus (tartar) it is a good thing to remove. But it is much better if a dental professional removes it because they also smooth the tooth surface. There is certainly more tartar there and you won't be able to do a good job on your own. Get informed and make an effort to change hygiene habits. It is essential.
Go see a dentist or dental hygienist sooner than later.
best of luck,
Bert

Vote:
You should go for dental clean up if you have a clump of old particles in between your teeth. And if you are not hygiene then you should be. else it will effect your oral health very badly.

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LashawnEnr

Latest Threads