Going to the dentist Saturday. Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me if this is Lichen Planus or normal tissue.

140159D3-C94A-46FE-AA71-D7EDF4BA154D.jpeg
259BD7B6-5DAE-4CA9-B90E-AFC14A07E8D1.jpeg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks normal from the image and angulation. Of course a full clinical exam will confirm. Lichen planus may be associated with symptoms, medications, or other immune responses. Try to provide a thorough history of events (new tooth paste and or oral rinses) and complete list of medications, herbal supplements, etc.

Vote:
It looks normal from the image and angulation. Of course a full clinical exam will confirm. Lichen planus may be associated with symptoms, medications, or other immune responses. Try to provide a thorough history of events (new tooth paste and or oral rinses) and complete list of medications, herbal supplements, etc.
The lesion isn’t patchy, it looks very streaky more than anything. It’s not thick tissue.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would not use mouth rinse since it could irritate the area. I would use the most basic toothpaste and avoid additives such as whitening, peroxide, or anything that can irritate. Medications can potentially dry your mouth so you may have a discussion with your physician about whether to continue use or not. There are no peer-reviewed/accepted long-term studies on CBD and oral complications.

Vote:
I would not use mouth rinse since it could irritate the area. I would use the most basic toothpaste and avoid additives such as whitening, peroxide, or anything that can irritate. Medications can potentially dry your mouth so you may have a discussion with your physician about whether to continue use or not. There are no peer-reviewed/accepted long-term studies on CBD and oral complications.
Ok, but I should be fine though? With the lesion? I’ll definitely do whatever it takes.

Vote:

Ask a Question