Gingivitis

I have been struggling with gingivitis for a few years now. I try to go the dentist every 3 months for cleanings to stay on top of it but it doesn't always happen. I went about a week ago for a cleaning and a few days later I have noticed that I am experiencing a burning/tingling sensation in gums/tongue. I usually don't pay too close attention to what my gums look like and I want to know what healthy gums look like. Is this a picture of healthy gums? Is the white towards the bottom where the roots of your teeth would be normal?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    636 KB · Views: 304

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
According to the image, the gums may have some isolated inflammation and redness. The white areas are normal for they cover normal bony projections. A more accurate image is to take Bitewing x-rays to capture the internal bone levels. With periodontitis, the bone gets irreversibly damaged and recede. As long as bone level is solid, get a thorough dental cleaning and keep up the recommended homecare and dental visit intervals. If there are bone damage and bone loss, you will need to have deep cleaning, more frequent maintenance and followups, and possible gum surgery,

Vote:

Ask a Question