Gingivitis & Hives

I have had hives since October 2017. Not too bad, usually one or two big ones a week that turned into 6 or 7 small ones a day. I have had my blood levels checked and my C Reactive Protein is 6 times the normal levels, my red blood cell count is elevated and my iga is elevated. I haven't had a cleaning in 10 years, my teeth aren't in the greatest of shape and I've been told for years I have gingivitis. My doctor, allergist and dermatologist don't know what's causing the hives, it's not an allergy, I've been tested. I'm wondering if it could gingivitis or an infection in my mouth causing these hives. Does anyone know if gingivitis would cause all that in my blood work to come back abnormal? Any thing helps! Thank youuuuu!

Not sure if gingivitas can cause hives however I do know that some studies show that tooth decay can cause such a breakout.

It could also be other things factoring into it, such as stress.
Your PCP or dermatologist should know. If you started taking any new meds in October then you should follow up with your prescribing physician as that may be a cause.

Goodluck, hope you can figure things out!

Vote:

Ask a Question