Gap between molars

On my lower left side of my mouth, I have a gap between 3rd molar and 2nd molar.

Nealy 4 months back a mustard seed got stuck in that gap, despite rinsing and picking I couldn't get it out. While it was stuck there whenever I chewed or bit I used to feel pain there. Somehow it got out in one of my brushing but I still used to feel pain.

I visited few dentists and they said the 3rd molar needs to be extracted and root canal needs to be done on 2nd molar.

One of the dentist put a cotton bud there but it used to get softened and dislodged and come of it's place. Another dentist said that I should have removed it as it is a foreign particle and shouldn't have left it there. Earlier dentist put 2 cotton buds there, 1 in the cavity and another on top of it, I think the lower one was pressing on the 2nd molar and causing a lot of pain. Today I somehow got it removed after a lot of effort and I'm not feeling that much pain on 2nd molar when I'm pressing down on it. There is still pain but not as much as I felt before.

Can the hole left by extraction be closed or sealed? Is there any alternate treatment other than root canal? What happens if I don't go for extraction and don't get a crown/cap for the root canal one.

Any good dentist can easily define you after check up. Your physical check up is must that`s why I can not recommend you any medicine or treatment because your dental condition is not clear to me. I can set an appointment for you with good dentists in your nearby areas. May be it is because of wrong food that you ave taken and did not feel pain at that time.

Vote:
Any good dentist can easily define you after check up. Your physical check up is must that`s why I can not recommend you any medicine or treatment because your dental condition is not clear to me. I can set an appointment for you with good dentists in your nearby areas. May be it is because of wrong food that you ave taken and did not feel pain at that time.

Thanks for the reply. I have already undergone 2 sessions of root canal since I made the post.

Vote:

Ask a Question