Future root canal?

I'm really confused and scared... I went in for a wisdom teeth extraction to my top wisdom and bottom left. My top two are fine and healing wonderfully. While the bottom apparently had to get special X-rays due to it being side ways and could cause the nerve problems. I went in for extraction and the next day I had pain on the left bottom. Very swollen and a bump on jaw line and can't feel my mouth. Found out the nerve was hit but it's slowly getting better can feel the tingling so I'm assuming is good what my maxillofacial surgeon said. Well in the process this lump has still been on jaw line. Every now and then feel pain but tolerable. Last Wednesday gave me antibotic of penicillin saw me again Friday and determined to reopen it because he thinks it was an abscess. When he reopened it nothing drained. He then started me on amox with I think he said augmentin. ( please excuse spelling) still not painful pain and no fever. Just lump. No draninage still just annoying. He wants me to stay on antibotic for the rest of 10days but now he thinks maybe scar tissue or muscle pain. I'm scared and worried. I have 3 kids and my youngest is autistic. Please help. He said he don't believe it's a tooth abscess. My tooth was sensitive after surgery for like the first couple days now not really a pain I just think it hurts a little again because he reopened. Please someone help. I don't know what to do now..

Ask a Question