Full mouth xray reading

Solutions
howexray.jpg
Hello all, I recently went to a dentist to have a checkup done. I got a full mouth xray and j was expecting the worse of news. I am not proud to say that from the age of 15-25 I practically never brushed my teeth. I would say I brushed less than once a week and never went to the dentist.

The dentist said my teeth are fine and that I just need a deep cleaning thus, bringing me to this forum. Of course I'm ecstatic of the diagnosis but of course I have my doubts...in my mind, the doctor just doesnt want to help me because I don't have insurance and they know I'm not willing to pay thousands to fix my teeth.

Would anyone or everyone please let me know their thoughts? I appreciate it very much.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I agree with the dentist. However, I see tiny incipient cavities between tooth #13 & 14 (UL 2nd premolar and 1st molar). Those tiny cavities can be monitored since they may not penetrate through the enamel if you floss daily. You may also have slight recession (bone) and gum disease (inflammation) due to no cleaning in ~10 years so deep cleaning and regular maintenance should prevent further damage. Don't neglect your teeth or further irreversible damage can occur.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you so much for your reply. I do indeed floss at least after every meal if not more. I just found it so hard to believe that I didn't need to pull out at least a few teeth because of my incredibly poor dental hygiene in my younger days. I've made an appointment to get the deep cleaning and thank you again kind sir.

Vote:

Ask a Question