Front top and bottom teeth becoming transparent

Hello guys.

I am posting this over a problem that I've recently discovered, 2 of my front and bottom teeth have become translucent. I'm not sure if they've always been like this but i've only just noticed. I'm 20 and I live in the UK but i'm on holiday in Florida for 5 weeks.

I recently purchased some new tooth whitening mouth wash which I thought was amazing, you could see the results after using it, it was brilliant. After looking online I found this may be the cause of why they've gone so clear. I may also add my tooth paste is whitening too! (although it feels like it makes no difference)

I have now stopped using the mouth wash until I can get a definitive answer
Are my teeth damaged for life? is there anything I can do to help them. I've looked online but have got mixed opinions on the problem

Thanks all, greatly appreciated

Wow. This is an old thread. You still deserve an answer though. Some of my teeth also look translucent. The tooth whitening can be an issue if it's extra caustic but what I've discovered is that it was caused by acid reflux in my case. Sometimes you don't even know you have it. Go to your General Practitioner and find out if you have Acid Reflux. I've seen some dentists have a remineralization program for the teeth but I'm not sure how well it works and it's probably very expensive. The only way surefire way is to get veneers, that's what I'm about to do:)

Vote:

Ask a Question