Front and bottom teeth touching. Severe pain in one tooth.

Hi,

I have been pain for over six months now and this is my story. I have had my first two molars (nearest front on bottomon right) missing for a couple of years. My back right tooth (same side) broke last summer and my lower jaw seems to have shifted as it cannot settle. My front and bottom teeth tap each other when I talk, swallow and eat and walk. This has resulted in severe pain for months (teeth, neck and back). I have seen numerous dentists who have said no infection but possible ligature damage. I have been given a night guard as there are signs of historical grinding and enamel acidic erosion. I have had this three months and no improvement. I had the back tooth pulled two weeks ago and my teeth seem to be touching even more. My saviour has been wearing a thin day guard. The pain is a 3 out of ten over an 8 when they do come into contact. I am at the end of my rope and am considering getting all top pulled. Please help.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Too complex to assess here. If you can post Xrays taken before and after extractions (bitewings and OPG) I might be able to comment more, but sometimes need a live examination in these cases.

Vote:

Ask a Question