Food in tooth extraction site?

I just got a bottom left molar pulled on friday, just ate food for the first time last night(was drinking pureed shakes for 3 days...) and am now worried I got some food particles stuck in the extraction site and around it. Can't tell if it is just membrane or something scabbing over but don't want to irritate the area if I don't have to. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Help please !

Attachments

• tooth.jpg
    tooth.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 378

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks like it is healing fine. Minimize disturbing the area and if you did, gently remove any debris as best you can. The mouth has great potential to heal.

Vote:
It looks like it is healing fine. Minimize disturbing the area and if you did, gently remove any debris as best you can. The mouth has great potential to heal.
thank you for the reply , very much appreciated. Have been taking it as easy as I can with eating, drinking, working, etc. No real pain anymore so I guess that's good. I just wonder if my gums below the extraction site are still supposed to feel swollen .. Anyhow thanks again!

Vote:

Ask a Question