First Time Going To Dentist

Hello. Im 32 years old and cant tell you the last time I've been to a dentist. Long story short, i could have taken better care of my teeth. I have tartar build up on my lower front teeth as well as behind it. I brush my teeth twice a day, use mouthwash twice a day, floss once a day and i don't experience any bleeding. Im afraid i may have recession from calculus build up, that has since fallen off. Im afraid of gum disease, even though i dont believe my gums are red. Im terrified of my appointment on Wednesday, as i don't know what to expect. I can see a few white areas under a few of my lower teeth. Can anybody help calm my anxiety? I received feedback from iCliniq in which they said that once my teeth are cleaned up, my gums will look better. Although they saw some recession, they believe my gums look rather healthy. Im just still so concerned. Please dont judge me when you see the pictures

Attachments

• 20180805_224538.jpg
    20180805_224538.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 243

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your gums do look inflammed. With your first exam, the dental team will take x-rays to determine the health of your teeth and bone. The hygienist with perio probe your gums to check for attachment health. The dentist will fully evaluate your oral conditions. You may discuss sedation options if it is appropriate for you. Follow the hygienist's recommendations for home care and visit intervals.

Vote:

Ask a Question